Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gear I am loving these days

My how times have changed... it used to be that I'd have a few extra dollars laying around and I'd be shopping at Gap for new jeans.  In the past year though I more often find myself browsing workout gear at Scheels or Beyond Running (my fave local running store).

I LOVE finding new clothes/gadgets/etc to compliment my running addiction.  Here are a couple of the latest things I have added to my collection!

Normally when it comes to clothes, I have always preferred Under Armour tops.  They fit well and are great quality.... BUT, recently Gap has expanded their selections to include active wear (GapFit).  One day I was shopping with my kiddos and a series of events involving 2 rowdy children, the stroller, a 90% full Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks, and my white shirt, took place... thus requiring a quick shirt purchase.

And so I found the GapFit Breathe V-neck T for $24.95!  It is fantastic!  It is ridiculously comfortable and pretty flattering.  I've worn it during two pretty sweaty runs and it stays dry.  I haven't had any chafing issues and so far in the couple weeks I've had it, it doesn't seem to hold on to the stink.  There are lots of fun colors too!  I've worn this shirt once or twice just as a regular t-shirt, and it doesn't look like I'm just running around in workout clothing (not that there is anything wrong with that- I do it quite often)!  Below is a photo from the Gap website and below that is what it looks like on me (a non-model!)

This Gap model looks quite happy to be wearing this shirt.

Don't mistake me for a Gap model. 



The other shirt I am going to rave about is the updated version of the Under Armour Women's UA Tech Sleeveless Tank 
I have a couple of the old style of UA Tech tanks and love them, so I was a little hesitant at first about the new style.  It's a bit of a different cut than the old style, so I didn't know if I liked it at first.  I tried it on and fell in love with it!  The best thing about this tank is that they have done something different with the material- it is SO soft!  That is one gripe I have about the old style- it gets a little rough feeling after time.  So far this one feels wonderful!  I love how it hangs and even though it hangs loose, there are no chafing concerns.  When I'm not wearing my new Gap shirt, I am wearing this tank!  The price is reasonable (about $23) and there is a pretty good selection of colors!  Highly recommend this one!
This model does NOT look happy to be wearing this awesome tank.

What the tank looks like on a real person





 


No comments:

Post a Comment