Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And so it begins...

Yesterday was my first official day of training for my very first marathon!

And it began with a rest day.  Kind of a bummer to say your first day of training didn't involve any actual training.  ha! 

As will likely be the case on most rest days, I imagine I will still do some type of exercise, likely in the form of lugging 70 pounds of offspring in the Burley cart behind the big heavy mountain bike.  No biggie, right? 

Confession: when we bought the Burley, I half hoped that MOST of the Burley pulling would be done by my hubby, because, seriously, it's a lot of work. 

Last night hubby got a free pass on pulling the Burley as he had been at the ER with an exploding gall bladder (not really exploding- but severe enough that it's probably getting removed soon) yesterday morning.  So after a long afternoon at the pool with the dynamic duo, I decided to bring the kids on the family bike ride that is put on by Great Northern Bicycle Company every Monday night.  It was our first time taking part, and it was awesome!  The ride is a nice and easy pace and was only around 7 miles.  We rode to a local park and stopped to play for a bit, and then rode back to the bike shop.  Everyone who rides gets a free scoop of gelato (worth the ride just for the dessert!).  The kids loved it and I got a great workout out of the deal!  It's just over 3 miles to the bike shop from our house, so we logged almost 14 miles!  Not too bad for a rest day! 

I am beyond excited for the next 18 weeks of my life.  I imagine it's going to be really tough at times, but can't wait to check an item off my bucket list that I thought I would never actually do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment