Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 3 training recap

3 weeks of marathon training done and 15 left to go!

Last week, my good friend Hal told me to do this:
Monday- Rest
Tuesday- 3 miles
Wednesday- 4 miles
Thursday- 3 miles
Friday- Rest
Saturday 5 miles
Sunday- Cross train

And what I REALLY did:

Monday- 2 bike rides with the kiddos.  7.96 miles and 10.33 miles.  I know, it's not a rest day, but I also didn't do a long run the previous Saturday.  And Monday nights are the family bike ride night.  Both of the rides were done at a pretty relaxed pace- and I only pulled the Burley for the 8 mile ride :)

Tuesday- 4.01 miles at a 10:54 pace.  My first run in my new shoes- felt terrific!

Wednesday- 4.05 miles at a 10:27 pace.  Pace felt comfortable in spite of the humidity- ran in the afternoon, so it was pretty warm out there.

Thursday- Biking:  32.01 miles (two rides), Running: 2.04 miles at a 10:07 pace.  Biked to work in the morning, did my run after my work meeting, and then I biked home.  Cut the run short by one mile because I was feeling pretty tired and I had done an extra mile on Tuesday.  Thursday night did my regular bike ride that totaled around 26 miles.

Friday- RESTED!!

Saturday- 5.01 miles at a 10:39 pace.  A great 7am run with Emily.  A tad on the humid side, but I felt great the whole time!


After our 5 miler!
Sunday- 53.82 mile bike ride.  WHAT?!?!  Yeah, I didn't realize the ride was going to be that long!  I went with a group and thought we were going for a 30-40 mile ride... turns out the route was much further than that!  This ride was double the length of my previous longest ride.  It actually wasn't so bad- there were moments at the beginning where we were riding into the wind and going at a pretty fast pace that I felt totally discouraged.  I was feeling a little bit in over my head- and pretty intimidated because it was mostly experienced bikers.  Around the halfway point I was able to relax and the rest of the ride was great!  I was surprised how NOT sore I was afterward.  Really the main complaint I had was that my hands and shoulders were a little achy- and otherwise I felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment