Monday, July 2, 2012

4 weeks DONE.... 13 to go!

Can't believe I've already completed 1 month of training!  So far I'm still feeling great!  A few aches and pains here, but nothing terrible.  With the exception of two weeks following the half marathon, I've basically been on a training schedule since sometime in February!  I hope my body holds up till October 7th!

So this is what HH told me to do last week:
Monday- Rest
Tuesday- 3 miles
Wednesday- 4 miles
Thursday- 3 miles
Friday- Rest
Saturday- 9 miles
Sunday- Cross train

This is what I really did:
Monday- Biked 12.77 miles with the fam.  Did the regular Monday night family group ride with Great Northern, and since it was a beautiful night, there were nearly 40 people who showed up.  Because of this, it was a slowwww ride.  So even though I rode 12.77 miles, it required very little physical exertion.  So... I guess I'm saying, it was like a pesudo rest day.  :)

Tuesday- 3.05 miles at a 10:22 pace.  20 MPH winds and super humid!  I'm continuing to push through my wimpiness and run in whatever condition the weather hands me.  A few months ago, there would be NO way you'd see me running in wind or heat.  I *think* I'm starting to adapt.

Wednesday- 3.98 at a 11:00 pace.  If I thought Tuesday was humid, Wednesday was doubly awful.  74 degrees and sunny at 7am- it felt like running in Florida.  This was actually a pretty awful run- I weighed myself afterward and had lost 2 lbs during that run- just from sweat!  My thigh cramped up in the last mile and I had to run/walk the last half mile.

Thursday- 3.04 miles at a 10:27 pace.  Better weather.  Tired legs.  Oh and I also biked 19.69 miles that evening during my usual Thursday night bike ride.  I love Thursdays!!

Friday- REST!  It was wonderful!  Well.... except I chased my crazy kids around all.day.long.... so I don't know if it really felt like rest!

Saturday- 9.01 miles at 11:35 pace.  It was a GREAT run!  This week it was just Stacie and I as Emily was home nursing some swollen ankles (boo!!).  We switched up the route and met up at Caribou (so we could immediately dump iced coffee in our faces upon finishing the run).  It was about 65 degrees and sunny- so a little humid, but not awful.  We ran a nice even pace and both of us felt great all the way to the end of the run.  Going to try to keep doing long runs at this pace!  The following detail is just so I can make note of fueling (for future reference):  Had a piece of peanut butter toast and a cup of coffee for breakfast.  Had a GU Roctane right before we started running, and then another at mile 6.  Carried water during this run.

Sunday- Skipped cross training.  Husband was still out of town and I was on day four of solo parenting.  That's gotta count for some sort of exercise!  Plus it was 90+ degrees and humid- it would have been terrible weather to take the kids out in the Burley.  Played in a pool all afternoon instead!


Okay, so I mentioned that I carried water on the 9 mile run... maybe I should have said that I splashed water all over the place on my 9 mile run!  I was SO annoyed with my new handheld water bottle.  This was the first time I had taken it out on a run and it kept leaking.  I'm glad the NUUN didn't make my water super sticky, otherwise I would have been really ticked off.  I don't know if I have a faulty bottle or if there is just bound to be some leakage?  It's a Nathan Quickdraw Plus... I should read the reviews to see if this is just a common thing.  I bought the handheld because I don't like wearing belts, but I don't know if this felt like a better option! 

The coming week is supposed to be super hot and humid... hooray?  Have a wonderful 4th of July!


The barista at Caribou thought we were strange when we asked her to take our picture.  Post 9 mile run and ready for some iced coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment