Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gear I love #2: Sports Bra


Ladies and gentlemen (I don't want to make assumptions, but I'm guessing the man-folk aren't particularly interested in this post): I present to you THE SPORTS BRA. This, my friends, is the mamma jamma of boob holders.

I'm gonna keep it real right now: I have great big boobs. The sisters need all the support they can get and for years I've struggled to find the right sports bra. When I began my training I was just 8 weeks postpartum and was also breastfeeding, which made it even more complicated to find a sports bra in my size.

Folks, I LOVE Target. I do. So I thought I would begin my search for a new sports bra there. I bought an XXL Champion that promised "great support." Hours later I excitedly hopped onto the treadmill. Moments later I had two black eyes.

So I asked around, I read reviews, I googled the crap out of "sports bras for large chests." And I kept seeing "Moving Comfort" as the top reviewed sports bras.

I went to Scheels and tried on a bazillion bras. The sales associate assured me that the best bra for my size is the Moving Comfort Juno bra. Sure enough, it fit perfectly. It is supposed to have a tight fit, but it wasn't uncomfortably tight. I did the jump test and there was practically zero bounce!

This style retails around $52. I have never forked out more than $20 on a sports bra before, but then again, I never did a lot of high impact exercise. This bra is worth every penny. I've used it for every workout for the past 6 months and it's in perfect condition still. The straps are wide and comfortable. They are adjusted with velcro. I was worried about the velcro not holding or wearing out after time, but it has not been an issue at all. This bra doesn't give you a uniboob look either like many bras I have owned. It is now a little bit loose, but I don't think it stretched out- I have lost some inches. Even with it being loose-ish, it still works great. Even with all of the sweating I've done in it, it doesn't hold on to any residual funk.

Confession: I don't wash my sports bra after every workout. Some people do, I don't. But like I said, this bra doesn't hold on to funk! It seriously doesn't stink even after wearing it for a few runs. Don't judge! I know it sounds gross :) Oh, and if you are looking for a good laundry detergent for your stinky workout clothes- I really like Tide Sport with Febreze. Clothes still smell relatively fresh even after a run!

So, a little on the spendy side, but I'll never go back to Target sports bras again! :)

1 comment: