Saturday, June 11, 2011

Found: Confidence (with a side of sweaty salt-stache)!






Forget all that noise yesterday about being all afraid of little 'ol 10K's!

Today's weather was absolutely perfect! Sunshine, low humidity, 68 degrees, NO wind (a rarity here in Fargo/Moorhead).

The thing I like to do to get myself excited for a run is to map a route I've never taken before. I like to use MapMyRun.com to plot out a route. I decided to check out one of the bike paths in Fargo. I had no idea how long and extensive this path is- and it's nice and smooth. Only complaint is there is hardly any shade along the path, so even though it was not quite 70 degrees, I was HOT. In fact I think I might have been nearing heat exhaustion by the end- was feeling mentally slow and had a hard time thinking. Was also a bit nauseous. Whatevs.

So the thing I was most proud of today was my pace! 12:23 min/mile! Average long run pace is usually around 13:30. My first few miles were sub 12:00, but I slowed a bit during the last 3.

Confession: I did stop for about 1 minute at the halfway point to eat a GU (and take a picture of my Garmin to post on Facebook. Only I would interrupt what I am doing to post on FB) :)

(A technical question: why can I only get the pictures to post at the top of this entry? I wanted to insert a picture right here, but it ended up at the top. Meh).

Anywho, it was a wonderful run and a definite confidence boost!

After my run I treated myself to a celebratory Grande Iced Coffee from Starbucks. I thought the girl in the drive thru window was giving me a funny look..... As I drove away, I looked in the mirror and saw a very impressive sweaty salt mustache above my upper lip. Sexy.

Below is the link to my run stats. It looks all funky when I try to link it. Gah, technology.






No comments:

Post a Comment