Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I run....because it makes late night pizza A-OK!

Holy cow!  Where has time gone?  Funny how going back to work full time puts a considerable dent in blog opportunities.

My last post was the first day of training for my next half marathon.  Since August 1st I've run 24 miles.  Last week I posted 17 miles, which surprisingly was the most miles I've ever done in one week.  Even during my peak week of training for the last half I only put in 16.  I think it's because I was so sore and injured by the end that I was forced to skip a couple of runs here and there.

It's amazing how great 17 miles can feel when my body is still fresh and un-injured! 

Oh, scratch that.... I do have ONE injury of note.... a pretty tragic skinjury in the boob region.  My own fault really as I was fully aware that my beloved Moving Comfort Juno sports bra had become too big (YAY!), but I'd put off buying a new one ($52 is a lot of $$$ for a bra).  Anyway, after my 8 mile run rubbed off a considerable portion of my skin, I decided it was definitely time for a replacement.

and WOO HOO for me because I totally found my Moving Comfort Juno on Amazon for $31.00!  I've NEVER seen them for less than retail, so this was very exciting for me.  Gave it a test run tonight and it was perfect.  *breathing a sigh of relief* :)

I'm having a lot of fun with training so far.  I feel like I know what to expect this time around, and because of that I am able to play around with my pace a little more and go into my runs with the knowledge that I *can* indeed survive 8, 9, 10, 11 miles.  And I know how to prepare myself before a long run.  Getting motivation and time to put in the mileage still may be a struggle some days, but so far it's been good.

There was a brief moment tonight when I considered skipping my 4 mile speed run... but then my wonderful hubby offered to bring home some pizza for me.... and since there is no WAY I'd skip pizza, I figured I best not skip the run.  Win/Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment