Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today's crosstraining is brought to you by...baby chasing.

Excuse me while I catch my breath.....

Whew, okay.  This is going to be a rushed, disjointed type of blog post.... Not all of my posts can demonstrate my 8 years of experience as an undergraduate student majoring in English.  Nope, grammar be damned today. 

Why?  Baby is crawling.  She.is.everywhere.  Today has been spent running after her as she tries to eat electrical cords and shoes.  I am also moonlighting as a climbing apparatus, as she apparently thinks I'm a jungle gym.

This morning I had plans to do some running on the treadmill, but instead I've chosen baby chasing as my workout of choice.

A quick summation of the events/exercises/"healthy" eating that has happened over the last week:

Events
We are going on a road trip to Mpls/Chicago/Madison!  We leave on Saturday morning!  One night in Mpls, 3 nights in Chicago, 1 night in Madison!  Maybe another night in Mpls on the way back?  Not sure.  We are being impulsive and JUST decided to do this trip.
Road tripping with a toddler and infant- WAHOOO!  Good thing I have a hair appointment scheduled after we return because I'm guessing there will be a few extra gray hairs to cover.

Exercise
Inconsistent.  Last week was solid.  This week..... um... dangit.  I ran 3 miles yesterday.  That's it thus far.  I still have the chance to squeeze in a couple more runs or bike rides before we head out on our trip on Saturday, so I hope to turn it around. 

It's been a low motivation sort of week.  I'm not going to beat myself up about it- these weeks happen.  Unfortunately next week might be a little lacking on the exercise front.  I always have the best of intentions to exercise on trips, but it never seems to come to fruition.  Meh.

I think I am just in need of a training schedule to keep me on track.  Luckily I plan to begin training for the FM half marathon as soon as we get home from vacation!  More on that soon :)

Oh!  And I just got a road bike.  I fell victim to peer pressure.  Soon I'm going to fall victim to flying off a super fast bike and dying.  Road bikes frighten me.  I wonder if I have a greater chance of dying on a road bike or being attacked by more angry birds?  Birds frighten me now too.  Birds and Bikes...  eek.
 
Healthy Eating
ice cream and hot dogs and pizza are healthy...right?  Like I said... low motivation the last week.  Turning that around soon too.  Hold me to that, okay?

Alright, it has taken me half a day to write this little bit.  I tried looking up how many calories "baby chasing" burns per hour, but it is nowhere in the database.  Darn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment