Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm going to need to run 10 miles a day to offset all the holiday baked goods.....

Seriously. Baked goods are attacking me at every turn.

Healthy eating is hard enough, but trying to do so over the holiday season is next to impossible. During my blogging hiatus I also decided to participate in a "Biggest Loser Challenge" with some friends. $$$$$ is on the line and I am determined to win. Only problem is that the contest runs through December 31st. WHAAAATTT?!! At the time it sounded like a good idea... but now baked goods and Christmas candies are screaming at me- BEGGING me to eat them.

I successfully survived Thanksgiving, mostly because we have a teething 1 year old who was screaming (literally) for attention while we were eating Thanksgiving dinner...meaning I piled my turkey, corn, potatoes, and gravy into one heaping pile and ate it as fast as I could. No time for seconds or large portions when baby girl is tantruming at you.

I'm not really wanting to use "crabby child" as my food avoidance tool for the next month, so I will just have to exhibit ridiculous self-control. If you know me, self-control is not a strength I possess....

Luckily, I have decided to make weekly mileage goals for myself, just to give me something to work towards as I am not training for a specific race right now. Last week I set a goal of 10 miles for the week, and I am happy to say that I made my goal... only because of a tiny window of time in which I felt some motivation on Saturday night to squeeze in the last 4 miles. It was a good run- and my first run over 3.1 miles since mid-September!

This week's goal is 11 miles. I'm following the "10%" rule and not increasing my mileage each week by more than 10%. My goal for the next couple of months is to increase my base mileage slowly and hopefully improve my speed a bit as well.

So, that's the plan for the moment. I may not win the battle of baked goods, but hopefully some more consistent running this month will help my quest to win my Biggest Loser Contest :)

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment