Monday, December 3, 2012

a return to Spring!

Oh hiiiiii there!

Remember when it was wintry for a minute?  And remember when we were all like "wahhhhh SNOW!"

And then suddenly, it was as if we time warped right past Winter and jumped right into March.

And oh, I love March.  I love March fiercely.  So on Saturday in the 46 degree sunshine, I ran a spectacular 8 mile with my friend Michele.  For the 90 minutes we were out splashing in the melty puddles, I pretended it was mid-March.  I pretended that we were out on a training run for a Spring race.  I thought about grilling and iced coffee and driving with windows down.

Call it losing touch with reality if you must, but oh it was a wonderful 90 minute vacation in my brain.  It was a nice break from treadmill running and all the joysuck that entails.

And the following day was beautiful as well.  And so was today.  And really, the 10 day forecast calls for cooler temps, but NO snow!  And it's December!!

Now, I know it's coming.  I know that we won't have another super mild winter like last year.  I know that I'm going run on the 'mill or freeze my bunsies off in the frigid Winter air.  But for now, it's nice to pretend!

Other running updates and fun little tidbits:
At the end of October, I looked at my running stats for 2012 and realized that I could probably hit 800 miles of running for the year, so that's been a new goal that I've been working on.  I have about 40 miles left to run by month's end to reach goal.  NO problem.  Why?

Because I'm doing the "Holiday Running Streak!"  I read about this in a Runners World article and thought it would be a good way to keep motivated and moving over the super fattening holiday season.  Run or walk at least 1 mile a day between Thanksgiving and New Years.  So far, so good!

Last week I clocked my FASTEST EVER one mile runs!  8:03 followed by a 7:47 the next day.  Holy cow.  I thought my treadmill was going to explode into a zillion pieces.  I thought my heart might do the same.

Speaking of treadmills... our warranty expired a few weeks ago.  About 2 weeks ago I started running on it more regularly again.  And then I noticed the belt started doing some weird slipping thing.  Of course.  Lucky lucky for us, someone suggested we call Sears and see if we can still take them up on an extended warranty.  Yay!  They said yes.  $69 to renew the warranty and now we have someone coming out this weekend to fix er up.  Without warranty, that would have likely cost us $400 for a house call.

Speaking of boobs.  Oh, we weren't speaking of that.  But speaking of it NOW- total wardrobe malfunction during my Springtime Saturday run.  One second, the sisters were safe  and secure in their super supportive home and the next second BAM!  Explosion!  Front zippered sports bra somehow came unzipped somewhere around mile 3.  Whattheheck??  Almost ALMOST flashed some fisherguy who was hanging down by the river.  Luckily I think I rezipped quickly enough to get things back under wraps.  Whew.

So... with that piece of over-sharing.... I think we'll call this one done for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment