Sunday, September 18, 2011

the funk.

Where have I been?  I've been hangin in funkland as of the past week or two.  And actually, I'm still there, but thought I'd pop out for a quick hello before retreating back to the funk.

While one is in a state of funkitude, one does not write lengthy blogs either.  Funky Teresa apologizes.

Here's what is up:

1.  Injury.  The same one I've been dealing with for the past month or so.  As soon as it starts to feel okay, I run on it and jack it up again.  It's been 2 weeks since I've done a long run.  My short runs have taken a major hit as well.  Last run was a beautiful early morning 4 miler on Wednesday.  The following morning I could hardly walk. 
Solution:  Going to go to the sports medicine walk-in clinic on Tuesday after work.  It will be my first time actually getting medical attention for an injury... mostly because I'm desperate to get this fixed.  

2.  Because of injury, I'm seriously considering not running the half.  Well, it may be that I really don't have a choice anyway (we'll see what doctor has to say about my leg).  But even if I am cleared to do some running, I've not been able to do much training over the past few weeks and while I'm sure I could finish 13.1, I'm not entirely certain I could finish in the 3 hour time limit.  This sucks.  I'm really really disappointed... especially since there aren't any other half marathons locally until the Spring.   
Solution:  If I can do any running, I plan to run the 10k that day instead.  Whatever.

3.  Umm... I guess I can't think of a number 3.

Point being, I'm just mad.  And I've also not been doing any other cross-training when I've not been able to run.  So that just makes me feel lazy and like a pile of blecch.  Hubby suggested I go for a bike ride tonight...but here I sit. 
Solution:  I know this is cliche, but seriously, beginning tomorrow I am getting back on track.  PROMISE.

Since I have nothing positive to throw out to blogosphere tonight, I'm cutting this short.  It's just a funk and will hopefully pass soon.  I am interested to hear what the doctor has to say on Tuesday.  At least if I am told I need to rest the leg, I will also hopefully learn some exercises to do to prevent this from happening again.  There, that was a positive spin!  Go me!

Let's hope tomorrow is slightly less funky!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! I've been "out" all summer with a stress fracture, so I know all about the FUNK. It's hard to pull yourself out, but you can do it. I promise!

    ReplyDelete